11 October 2010

Crime Fighting Cape

Little B loves talking about fighting "the crimes" and "blasting off" so I knew he would love playing in a cape.  I used some flannel that I bought last year to make pj's and never used.  It has these really cute monsters on it that now in cape form sort of look like germs or something.

I just cut out a general cape shape and hung it up to him to get the length right (I didn't want it dragging on the floor)  Then I cut out a lining in the same exact size and shape (in this case I used a satin-y type fabric)  Then I placed right sides together, sewed along all the edges except the neck-edge.  Flipped it through the neck edge and sewed a twill tape neck strap that attaches with velcro.

Next the mask.  I think this must be his crime-fighting face because every picture I took he made some version of this same face.

I used the satin fabric on one side and the flannel on the other.  He said he wanted the satin to be facing out, so I used "heat n' bond" to adhere the two pieces of fabric together.  Then cut out the mask shape and zigzagged all the edges.  I attached twill tape to a piece of elastic and sewed that to the mask.  All done!

He loves it!  Can't you tell.  Just kidding!  There's that crime-fighting face again.


No comments:

Post a Comment