23 August 2010

Cool Thread Bobbins

A few months back I came across these cute printable thread bobbins for embroidery thread created by Wild Olive blogger Mollie Johanson.  And then I saw them again at How About Orange, a blog I read at least once a week.  And it again filed away in the back of my brain, to be retrieved yesterday when I decided to tackle my office.

I discovered that I had a terrible setup for my embroidery thread and had some extra from that stocking project, so I got busy.  I printed the thread bobbin pdf on full sheet labels, stuck that to some leftover thin cardboard, and cut them out.  It's funny because I think I printed out 3 sheets thinking that would be plenty.  OH NO...that was not plenty.  6 sheets and a day later.  My embroidery thread looks like this:


 These thread bobbins are the greatest!  Seriously cute and it feels so good to look at my embroidery floss now.

No comments:

Post a Comment